"The Christian must discover in contemplation, and in the giving of his life, those symbolic actions which will ignite the people's faith to resist injustice with their whole lives, lives coming together as a united force of truth and thus releasing the liberating power of the God within them." - James Douglass, Contemplation and Resistance.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Xianity

I hate, I despise your choreographed worship services, and I take no delight in your megachurches. Even though you offer me your monthly tithes, I will not accept them, and the stock options of your fatted corporations I will not look upon. Take away from me the noise of your professionally trained choirs; to the melody of your hundred thousand dollar organ I will not listen. But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream. (Amos 5: 21 -24)

No comments: