"The Christian must discover in contemplation, and in the giving of his life, those symbolic actions which will ignite the people's faith to resist injustice with their whole lives, lives coming together as a united force of truth and thus releasing the liberating power of the God within them." - James Douglass, Contemplation and Resistance.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Sabbatical

Dear readers of Nonviolent Jesus,

Due to the continuing crimes of the U.S. and others in Iraq, I have decided to make a change in my life's direction. The silence of the last few weeks has been intentional because I feel that the God-inspired response to this attack on God's compassion is to fill myself with the teachings of the Church regarding the honor to be accorded to the human person. Thus armed, I will return to this blog shortly, as the war expands in ever-widening circles and the desire to dominate flares up in forgetful hearts. "Be not afraid." Also, I would greatly appreciate it if you would forward your thoughts/criticisms about the blog and it's current direction. Pray for me.

No comments: